Friday, May 14, 2010

Dos Cakes......

This is a cake that I did for a slumber party themed birthday party. The cake is in the shape of a sleep mask. The little girls and all the accents are marshmallow fondant. The girl that I did this cake for, Imanii, called me. She said that she loved the cake, and it really went with her theme. She thanked me for doing it for her. Imanii calling me just warmed my heart so much. I just thought that was so sweet. It makes me feel so good to know that a cake that I did made a little girl's birthday so special. Happy 9th Birthday Imanii!

Now, this cake is for a "Sweet 16" birthday party. The cake is covered in buttercream and the zebra stripes, dot border, letters and numbers, and bow and tag are all marshmallow fondant. I was happy that I was asked to do this cake because I have been wanting to do a zebra print cake. I drop this cake off tomorrow, so I hope that she likes it.

This week has been very tiring. Since I had these two cakes due this week, I have been working overtime. I haven't cooked all week, which is a little different for me. I want to give a special thank you to my husband, Scott for taking up the slack with house duties this week. Thanks, Boo! You're the BESTest!

Well now that I am all done with this last cake and have cleaned up the kitchen, I am about to take a shower and go to sleep. Oh yeah, I almost forgot....Go CELTICS!!!!!!!

My mood right now.....Proud

3 comments:

  1. I am really diggin that zebra cake. Keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you did such a good job! i am soooo impressed! you go girl!

    ReplyDelete