This is my latest cake. I made this cake for my co-worker Shirley's granddaughter's 2nd birthday. Shirley asked me to do this cake about a week ago and originally asked for a half a sheet cake. I have been wanting to try other types of cakes, so I found a picture of this cake and showed it to Shirley. She sent it to her daughter-in-law, and she loved the cake. She said it matched the invitations. When I saw the invitation, it matched the invitation to the T. The cake is WASC (white almond sour cream except I use vanilla extract instead of almond) with buttercream icing. I made the lollipops out of marshmallow fondant, and I used real lollipop sticks. To give the lollipop swirl look, I just didn't rub all the icing color in the fondant. The purple and green ones turned out the best. The number 2 on top is mmf as well. I added a little gumtex to it, so it would stand up. All in all, the cake turned out well. I could be critical, but I won't...smile. I can't wait to get some feedback. Any who, Happy Birthday Eva Kate!!!!! Have a great 2nd Birthday.
Peach you are coming right along with those cakes sis!!! So cute and creative.. You know I love me some cake and ice cream..Yummy
ReplyDeleteChristian your cakes are great! Did you take cake decorating classes? It makes me want to pursue it more... I did Wiltons 1st course (where I learned to make the roses), but I stopped after that...but this sooo neat!
ReplyDeleteChris you did such a good job!!!!!!!! Keep up the good work girl!
ReplyDeleteThank you all so much!
ReplyDelete