Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Yummy Goodness

I recently made these two new recipes, and they both turned out oh so yummy!  I just had to share.  Please enjoy!!!!!!!

Chipotle Lime Shrimp

Ingredients:

1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
3 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. chipotle powder ( I used the juice from a can of actual chipotle peppers.  I also cut up some of the peppers and added that to the marinade.
1 lime, juice and zest


1. Mix the chipotle powder, cumin, brown sugar, lime zest, lime juice and cilantro in a bowl and and let marinate for 20 minutes.


2. Skewer the shrimp.  I skewed some of the peppers from the marinade along with the shrimp.


3. Oil up the grill and grill the shrimp until cooked (pink and opaque), about 2-3 minutes per side.



Classic Sangria

Ingredients:

1  750ml bottle of red wine (we used caberet sauvignon)
1  orange sliced
1  lemon sliced
1  lime sliced
3 tablespoons of sugar
2 shots of brandy (you can use more shots of brandy dependent on your preference)
1 2 liter of ginger ale
Ice

Mix the first 6 ingredients and let chill for at least 2 hours.  Add the ginger ale and ice when ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment