Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Spot Be Gone


We had this really bad stain in our hallway.  It was a really old stain too.  Well, I got tired of looking at it, so I tried a Pinterest carpet cleaning solution.  You see the results below.  It got out an old stain that had been there for what seemed like forever.  You can't beat that with a stick.  See below what to do if you have any stains.  Definitely try it because it works!!!!!!!!!!


Before
After

Dampen the stained spot.  Sprinkle with baking soda, and wait 10 minutes.  Vacuum the spot.  Make a solution by mixing 1 tablespoon of dishwashing soap, 1 tablespoon of vinegar, and 2 cups of warm water.  Sponge on the carpet, and blot until stain disappears.  I will confess that I didn't blot the stain.  I scrubbed it.  It seemed like the stain was gone before I even put the water solution on it.

 On a side note, if you have a fresh stain, sprinkle salt on it as soon as the spill happens on your carpet.  The salt will absorb the liquid.  Just scrub it a little, and pick up the excess salt.  Vacuum and  VOILA!!!!!!  A clean carpet.

No comments:

Post a Comment