Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Yummy Goodness!!!!!!!

This is a grape and strawberry platter that I made for my boss's birthday brunch at work tomorrow.  I did something a little different with the strawberries.  I got the idea from my favorite site pinterest.com.  It is as followed:

1.  Wash the strawberries and dry each strawberry with a napkin
2.   Cut off the stems
3.   Use a sharp knife to cut the center core out of the strawberry.  Discard of the core.
4.   Dip the strawberries in melted chocolate and place on a plate lined with wax paper.  Note:  I used Hershey milk chocolate chips.  I melted the chocolate in the microwave in 30 second intervals stirring the chocolate each time.  Place the strawberries in the refrigerator, so the chocolate can harden some.
5.   Combine one softened 8oz Philadelphia cream cheese with 4 cups of powdered sugar with a hand mixer.  Put in the refrigerator for a few minutes to set.
6.   Put the 1M tip in a piping bag.  Put the cream cheese mixture in the piping bag.
7.   Inject one squirt of the cream cheese mixture into each strawberry.  Chill until ready to serve.

Hopefully, my co-workers will enjoy them.  I mean, who doesn't like strawberries, cream cheese, and chocolate?

No comments:

Post a Comment