Last Thursday (Sept 30th), Scott turned the Big 30. He didn't request a big dirty 30 bash like most people want, he requested that "we" go hunting for his birthday. Yes, "WE" went hunting. Bow season started October 1st. Scott and I woke up early Friday morning to head down to the deer woods. And when I say early, I do mean early. We left the house at 4:15 am. Talk about tired. Any who, my biggest fear about this whole hunting adventure was SNAKES. I didn't want to see them, hear them, or step on them. Luckily, I didn't see any snakes. Thank Goodness!!!!!! Once we got in the deer stand, I was all good. All my worries were over. We sat there for a few hours quiet as church mice. I read a book and a half while we just sat there. I must say that the deer woods are very peaceful. Very relaxing!!!! We took a little break and went four wheeler riding and laid some deer corn. That was fun as I really like four wheeler riding. Scott also showed me his old church and the "pond" that he got baptised in. You could say that I got the grand tour of Banks, AR. We called it a day shortly after that and prepared for the next day's hunting adventure.
We woke up early once again to start the day. We were in the woods at 6:20ish. You know what that means.....IT WAS STILL DARK OUTSIDE. Talk about scary. Of course, we had flash lights, but you can't keep those on for too long because you scare away the deer. Any who, we got in the stand in the pitch back cold morning hours and sat there. I saw the image of a deer with no horns better known as a doe, but it just passed on by. We didn't get a deer, but I just know that Scott will be getting one real soon. All in all, I had a good time. More fun than I thought it would be. So the question of the day, Would I go back hunting? Most Definitely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Scott is all ready
Yeah, I'm ready too
Me posing...he he he
Scott the Hunter...He's so cool!
Happy Birthday, Scott, and may you be blessed with many more!
.
Hunting? Were you going to shoot anything? You look cute in your gear. Hunting is definitely not on my bucket list! LOL!
ReplyDeleteTell Scott I said "Happy Birthday"! Be Encouraged!
How cute are you in camo?!! I'm terrified of snakes, so glad you didn't run into any either!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Scott!!
oh i am soooo tickled! girl i literally was lol when i was the pic of you in the camo! love it! glad y'all had fun. ttyl hun!
ReplyDelete